Role of the Contact Officer
30 May 2017
There are three aspects to the Contact Officer role, these are:
- To assist with setting a standard of acceptable behaviour in the workplace;
- To assist staff who may have a perceived issue related to unlawful discrimination or bullying in the workplace. This includes helping them to deal with the emotion and providing them with their organisation’s options and processes for dealing with the issue; and
- To assist the organisation to promote its’ Equal Employment Opportunity and anti-bullying policies and processes.
- Dealing appropriately with team members who have issues;
- Conducting effective meetings with those wanting more information or assistance;
- Accurate and brief record keeping;
- Following up issues as they occur; and
- Providing feedback to the appropriate people within your organisation.