iHR Australia Contact Officer Training
In this program, participants will recognise the importance of the Contact Officer role and develop an understanding of the role’s responsibilities, particularly when dealing with allegations of bullying and discrimination.
In this full-day program, iHR’s facilitator and professional actors using Workplace Reality Theatre will share skills, knowledge and behaviours to help participants to develop effective techniques for solving a variety of common issues they may face in the workplace. During this program, participants are also given the opportunity to practise newly acquired skills through interaction with the actors, building confidence and embedding learning.
Current or potential Contact Officers
Topics addressed include:
- the law and expectations;
- unlawful discrimination;
- what constitutes harassment;
- role of the Contact Officer;
- record keeping;
- problems experienced by Contact Officers;
- attributes of a Contact Officer;
- conducting a one-on-one meeting; and
- effective discussions
At the conclusion of this workshop your managers, team leaders, and supervisors should:
- Understand the role of an Equal Employment Opportunity/anti-bullying contact officer in their organisation
- Understand the daily behaviour expected of a Contact Officer/ Equity & Diversity Officer
- Be able to deal with allegations of bullying or workplace discrimination/harassment in the context of organisational processes
- Understand the federal and state legislation in relation to unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying and how it impacts on the company, employees and the role of the contact officer
- Understand their own potential strengths and areas for development as a Contact Officer/ Equity & Diversity Officer
Upcoming Public Training Register now
How to book
Select the available training dates for online registration.
Early Bird Discounts apply for registrations completed 2 months prior to the public training program. Refer to the Terms & Conditions.
No upcoming trainings scheduled for this course. Please check back soon or give us a call to discuss some options.
Want to chat about our Face-to-Face or Virtual Training?