iHR Australia Workplace Mediation Skills Training
In this program, iHR’s facilitator and expert Senior Workplace Relations Advisor will guide participants through the key principles of conducting an effective workplace mediation, focusing on best practice process and the skills required of an effective mediator.
Participants will observe our unique Workplace Reality Theatre where the facilitator and our actors will re-enact relevant and engaging scenarios from real-life mediations for group discussions.
Participants will conduct a basic two-party mediation and receive useful feedback from their disputants and our facilitator, in addition to reflecting on their own performance.
HR Professionals and Managers who wish to develop workplace mediation skills.
Course delivery options
On-site Delivery, Public Delivery. Learn more about our training delivery options.
Topics addressed include:
- The importance of managing conflict in the workplace
- What is mediation and when should it be used?
- Key legislation and guidelines
- Designing a mediation plan
- Preparing for mediation
- The mediation process step by step
- The mediator’s skills, knowledge and attributes
- Breaking impasse and other useful strategies
- Developing the mediation agreement
- Post-mediation activities
- Observation of a mediation
- Conducting and participating in mediations
- Self, peer and facilitator feedback
At the conclusion of this workshop your managers, team leaders, and supervisors should:
- Articulate the key principles of conducting effective workplace mediations
- Articulate the steps and structure of the mediation process
- Gain an enhanced understanding of the skills, knowledge and attributes of an effective workplace mediator
- Develop a “toolbox” of mediation strategies
- Develop a strategy for conducting an effective mediation in the workplace
- Conduct a basic workplace mediation between two disputants, using best practice process and skills
- Understand the confidentiality and documentation requirements pertaining to a mediation session
Upcoming Public Training Register now
Early bird pricing is available 8 weeks prior to event unless sold out prior.,
If you do not see any suitable dates below, you can either -
- notify us of your interest to see more dates released or
- request custom in-house training on-site or virtual for your organisation.
Otherwise, select 'View workshop' to register a place.
There are currently no scheduled training programs. Please check back soon or give us a call to discuss some options.