During this workshop, participants will be guided through the key principles of conducting a lawful workplace investigation, focusing on unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Workshop participants will work with a facilitator, a senior investigator and two actors. Using our signature Workplace Reality Theatre training method, professional actors perform real workplace situations to bring the learning experience to life. Participants will observe, analyse and practice techniques which focus on the sensitivities and requirements of specialist workplace conduct investigations.
Current or potential workplace investigation officers
Face to face, Virtual.
Full day session
- Key legislation and guidelines relating to unlawful discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and bullying
- Key legal principles relating to workplace conduct
- Investigation overview and key considerations
- Role and attributes of workplace investigators
- Key challenges in investigating workplace conduct
- Understand responsibilities under Federal and State legislation in relation to unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying. And how these impact on an individual’s rights, workplace risk strategies and organisational policies
- Be able to articulate the key principles of running workplace investigations into sensitive workplace conduct matters
- Conduct investigative interviews using a methodology appropriate to workplace values and natural justice
- Be familiar with the rights of different parties, key aspects of the investigation process and key challenges associated with workplace conduct investigations
- Execute a legitimate decision-making process based on the balance of probabilities
- Make legitimate decisions about next steps once allegations are found to have substance
- Make decisions about information released to those directly involved in a matter
Upcoming Public Training Register now
If you do not see any suitable dates below, you can either -
- notify us of your interest to see more dates released or
- request custom in-house training on-site or virtual for your organisation.
Otherwise, select 'View workshop' to register a place.