iHR Australia Workplace Investigation Officer Training
In this program, iHR’s facilitator and expert Senior Investigator will guide participants through the key principles of conducting a lawful workplace investigation, focussing on unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Participants will also observe our unique Workplace Reality Theatre where an actor will re-enact relevant and engaging scenarios from real-life investigations for group discussions and exercises. During this program, participants are also given the opportunity to practise newly acquired skills through interaction with the actors, building confidence and embedding learning.
Current or potential Workplace Investigation Officers
Face-to-face: Full Day | Virtual Delivery: 2 x 4.5 Hour Sessions
Topics addressed include:
- Key legislation and guidelines
- Principles of natural justice
- Balance of probabilities
- Rules of evidence
- Overview of investigations
- Preparing for an investigation
- Conducting interviews
- Making a finding
- Writing investigation reports
At the conclusion of this workshop your managers, team leaders, and supervisors should:
- Be able to articulate the key principles of running workplace investigations, in particular those related to natural justice
- Be familiar with the rights of different parties involved in an investigation
- Develop a strategy for conducting a legitimate investigation in the workplace
- Conduct a meeting about a complaint with the complainant and respondent
- Assemble statements from a plaintiff and respondent as well as relevant witnesses
- Conduct investigative interviews using a methodology appropriate to modern workplace values and natural justice
- Execute a legitimate decision-making process based on the balance of probabilities
- Make legitimate decisions about next steps once allegations are found to have substance
- Make decisions about information released to those directly involved in a matter.
Upcoming Public Training Register now
How to book
Select the available training dates for online registration.
Early Bird Discounts apply for registrations completed 2 months prior to the public training program. Refer to the Terms & Conditions.
No upcoming trainings scheduled for this course. Please check back soon or give us a call to discuss some options.
Want to chat about our Face-to-Face or Virtual Training?