iHR Australia Contact Officer Refresher
To review the role and responsibilities of a Contact Officer and the skills to be an effective Contact Officer.
In this half day program, iHR Australia’s facilitator and professional actors using our unique Workplace Reality Theatre will share skills, knowledge and behaviours to help participants develop effective techniques for solving a variety of common issues they may face in the workplace.
Topics addressed include:
- An in-depth review of what constitutes discrimination, bullying and harassment in the workplace;
- Function and jurisdiction of the Contact Officer;
- ‘You the person’ and being a Contact Officer;
- Role modelling non-discriminatory behaviours;
- Objectively handling equal employment opportunity issues face-to-face ;
- Advising employees and contractors on their rights and options when an issue arises;
- Equal employment opportunity case studies;
- Dealing with emotional issues;
- Mapping and role-playing issues resolution; and
- Opportunity to partake in practical exercises.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants should:
- The role of an equal employment opportunity / anti-bullying Contact Officer within their organisation;
- The behaviour expected of a Contact Officer on a daily basis;
- The processes for dealing with allegations of bullying or workplace discrimination in the workplace; and
- The federal and state legislation relating to unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying and how it impacts on the company, employees and the role of the Contact Officer.
Upcoming Public Training Register now
Early bird pricing is available 8 weeks prior to event unless sold out prior.,
If you do not see any suitable dates below, you can either -
- notify us of your interest to see more dates released or
- request custom in-house training on-site or virtual for your organisation.
Otherwise, select 'View workshop' to register a place.
There are currently no scheduled training programs. Please check back soon or give us a call to discuss some options.