Inquiries and Assessments
Workplace inquiries and assessments are used to uncover underlying tensions within teams or to investigate workplace dynamics. This process can act as an important step towards improving working relationships, addressing cultural issues and preventing formal complaints.
Our investigations examine specific allegations as well as contributing factors such as leadership style, workplace culture, organisational skills or operational issues.
We have the capability to deliver our services anywhere in Australia. Our investigators are located throughout the country, including in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth. We also provide the option to conduct an investigation virtually.
When an Inquiry or Assessment is the right response
Your organisation may need to initiate an inquiry or assessment if:
- You suspect that underlying tensions or inappropriate behaviours are at play
- If you suspect a matter could escalate, then you need to act
- The matter cannot be handled objectively internally, or your organisation does not have the suitable skills or resources available
- Your in-house HR person feels uncomfortable or unable to undertake the process objectively
- The matter involves senior employees
- The outcome of the inquiry will probably be subject to an external review
- It is required of your organisation by a third party such as WorkCover, WorkSafe or an insurer.
iHR Australia’s Investigation services
iHR Australia can also review your internally conducted workplace investigations and provide advice or recommendations. This service can help ensure internal workplace investigations are sound and will stand up to external testing.
Examples of workplace issues that require an investigation:
- Sexual harassment
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)