iHR Australia Stepping Up – Front Line Managers Training
This workshop is aimed at the first time or inexperienced Manager to provide them with skills, insights and tools to be able to confidently take on the role of the Manager. The program will focus on their responsibilities in building and managing the team, setting expectations, managing performance, and improving business results. Participants will also gain useful tips and techniques on how to communicate with team members and make the transition from team member to Supervisor or Manager.
Participants will work with a facilitator and two actors. Using our signature Workplace Reality Theatre training method, professional actors perform real workplace situations to bring the learning experience to life. Participants will observe, analyse and practice techniques portrayed in the workplace scenarios.
New/inexperienced managers, supervisors and team leaders
Face-to-face: Full Day | Standard Virtual Delivery: 1 x 3 Hour Session | Extended Virtual Delivery: 6 Hours (Over two sessions)
- Responsibilities of a manager and role in building performance and culture
- How to manage the team and build culture
- Setting expectations and holding employees accountable through performance management
- Managing and communicating to your team – one-on-one discussions, team meetings
- Coaching, giving feedback and handling conflict
- Appreciate the responsibilities and expectations on managers to build cultures which drive accountability, build capability and inspire team members
- Understand the requirement to both lead and manage to be successful
- Describe the importance of building personal self-awareness and a leaders role in setting the tone
- Understand how to set expectations, hold employees accountable, manage and communicate to the team
- Demonstrate the thinking required to set the right direction for the team, align goals and delegate
- Understand how to build their team and the right culture
- Managing and communicating to your team – one-on-one discussions, team meetings, coaching, giving feedback and handling conflict
- Understand the nuances of how they came into the role, and the implications of how they should start their role
Upcoming Public Training Register now
Early bird pricing is available 8 weeks prior to event unless sold out prior.,
If you do not see any suitable dates below, you can either -
- notify us of your interest to see more dates released or
- request custom in-house training on-site or virtual for your organisation.
Otherwise, select 'View workshop' to register a place.