iHR Australia Responding to Mental Health in the Workplace
This full day workshop will provide a highly engaging and dynamic experience to build knowledge and skills in responding to mental health in the workplace, at a line management level.
Line Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders
- Identify differences between mental health and mental ill health
- Individual and organisational risk factors
- Legislative-driven obligations of the employer and employee
- Prepare and conducting a conversation with an employee who may have a mental health condition
- Effectively managing the performance or conduct
- Employee, team member and leader support
- Understand and comply with relevant legislative and ethical requirements to manage employees, including managing performance and conduct
- Identify the workplace risk factors which may lead to the development of or exacerbate a mental health condition.
- Identify the indicators of a possible period of mental ill health and apply relevant early intervention and performance management strategies.
- Plan, initiate and conduct a conversation with an employee who may be demonstrating indicators of mental ill health and work with the employee to identify and implement reasonable adjustments.