iHR Australia Respect in the Workplace: Anti-Discrimination and Bullying Training for Employees
This workshop for team members focuses on understanding how people experience workplace discrimination, bullying, harassment and sexual harassment. It provides practical support and resolution strategies including self-management and bystander strategies and the organisation’s escalation and resolution processes. The workshop explores the role all employees must play in the prevention and reporting of incidents in their workplace.
Using our Workplace Reality Theatre, and drawing on industry and sector specific evidence, participants are provided an opportunity to deepen their insight into what constitutes harmful conduct, and strategies to respond to issues if they occur.
General staff, team members and contractors
Course delivery options
On-site Delivery, Virtual Delivery. Learn more about our training delivery options.
Face to face and Virtual: 2 hours
- How people experience Discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and bullying
- Identify inappropriate and risky workplace behaviour
- Benefits and techniques for early intervention
- Support and resolution strategies
- Identify the importance of workplace culture in preventing and effectively responding to incidents of harmful workplace conduct.
- Understand the role all employees play in building engaging, inclusive and respectful workplace cultures
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different behaviours that constitute discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and bullying (including micro-aggression) and the overarching laws and policies that govern workplace conduct.
- Identify the responsibilities of all employees in preventing, reporting and appropriately responding to disrespectful workplace
- Understand the role of self-management, by-stander and escalation strategies in maintaining a respectful workplace
- Understand how to support others to seek and receive assistance and how to respond when observing harmful conduct
- Understand how to use the internal resolution and support processes and the importance of using the internal complaints process appropriately
- Understand individual rights, responsibilities and liabilities in maintaining a respectful workplace