iHR Australia Managing Mental Health in the Workplace
This workshop provides a highly engaging and dynamic experience to assist participants build knowledge and skills in managing mental health in the workplace, at a strategic level. Our Psychologist and acting team will bring real situations to life and provide practical approaches for dealing with issues and building support framework.
HR, WH&S and OH&S Practitioners and Senior Managers
Face-to-face: Full Day | Virtual : 6 Hours (over two sessions)
- Differences between mental health and mental ill health, common indicators of mental ill health
- Individual and organisational risk factors and strategic responses
- Legislative-driven obligations of the employer and employee
- Employee, team member and leader support
- Support Services and Resources.
- Developing a Workplace Mental Health Policy.
- Identify and discuss the differences between mental health and mental ill health, mental health statistics for Australia, our mental health industry framework and common indicators of mental ill health.
- Identify organisational and individual biopsychosocial risk factors which can lead to the development or exacerbation of mental ill health.
- Understand legal and ethical obligations towards employees with a mental health condition. Understand the employees’ legal obligation around disclosure of a mental health condition.
- Establish and implement structured tools and techniques that will support the employee to prepare for their conversation with their line manager.
- Establish and implement structured tools and techniques that will support the manager to prepare for their conversation with an employee in their team.
- Review Australian legal case studies about the strategic management of mental ill health cases in the workplace. Learn about the rationale behind the legal decisions made by relevant bodies, such as the Fair Work Commission and ComCare.
- Participate in a discussion, facilitated by our psychologist. Gain valuable insight by discussing issues challenges and shared experiences faced by workshop participants.
Upcoming Public Training Register now
How to book
Select the available training dates for online registration.
Early Bird Discounts apply for registrations completed 2 months prior to the public training program. Refer to the Terms & Conditions.
Want to chat about our Face-to-Face or Virtual Training?