iHR Australia Managing Mental Health in the Workplace
This workshop provides a highly engaging and dynamic experience to assist participants build knowledge and skills in managing mental health in the workplace, at a strategic level. Our Psychologist and acting team will bring real situations to life and provide practical approaches for dealing with issues and building support framework.
HR, WH&S and OH&S Practitioners and Senior Managers
Course delivery options
On-site Delivery, Public Delivery, Virtual Delivery. Learn more about our training delivery options.
Face-to-face: Full Day | Virtual : 6 Hours (over two sessions)
- Differences between mental health and mental ill health, common indicators of mental ill health
- Individual and organisational risk factors and strategic responses
- Legislative-driven obligations of the employer and employee
- Employee, team member and leader support
- Support Services and Resources.
- Developing a Workplace Mental Health Policy.
- Identify and discuss the differences between mental health and mental ill health, mental health statistics for Australia, our mental health industry framework and common indicators of mental ill health.
- Identify organisational and individual biopsychosocial risk factors which can lead to the development or exacerbation of mental ill health.
- Understand legal and ethical obligations towards employees with a mental health condition. Understand the employees’ legal obligation around disclosure of a mental health condition.
- Establish and implement structured tools and techniques that will support the employee to prepare for their conversation with their line manager.
- Establish and implement structured tools and techniques that will support the manager to prepare for their conversation with an employee in their team.
- Review Australian legal case studies about the strategic management of mental ill health cases in the workplace. Learn about the rationale behind the legal decisions made by relevant bodies, such as the Fair Work Commission and ComCare.
- Participate in a discussion, facilitated by our psychologist. Gain valuable insight by discussing issues challenges and shared experiences faced by workshop participants.
Upcoming Public Training Register now
Early bird pricing is available 8 weeks prior to event unless sold out prior.,
If you do not see any suitable dates below, you can either -
- notify us of your interest to see more dates released or
- request custom in-house training on-site or virtual for your organisation.
Otherwise, select 'View workshop' to register a place.
There are currently no scheduled training programs. Please check back soon or give us a call to discuss some options.