iHR Australia Managing Everyday Performance
This full-day workshop will help participants to build the competence and confidence to effectively manage staff performance within the workplace. Content includes identification of leadership behaviours that will foster a high performance culture as well as management approaches for under-performance.
Topics addressed include:
- Components of performance management;
- Setting meaningful expectations;
- Evaluating and identifying performance/issues;
- Effective feedback techniques;
- Establishing possible causes of any performance issues;
- Appropriate resolution activities; and
- Legal considerations and procedural fairness.
At the conclusion of this workshop your managers, team leaders, and supervisors should:
- What effective performance management is and why effective performance management is imperative in the modern workplace;
- The link between leadership behaviour and performance and how to create a high performance culture through effective application of expectation setting, empowerment, evaluation, rewards and effective feedback;
- Techniques to conduct effective everyday performance conversations and give feedback to staff that is fair, accurate and consistent with the expectations of workplace law;
- The importance of fairness and accuracy when managing performance and maintaining consistency between all elements of the performance management process;
- How to apply relevant processes in managing poor performance dependent on your organisational procedures, including the basic principles associated with procedural fairness in formal processes and termination of employees; and
- The requirements related to documenting and recording performance issues.
Upcoming Public Training Register now
How to book
Select the available training dates for online registration.
Early Bird Discounts apply for registrations completed 2 months prior to the public training program. Refer to the Terms & Conditions.