iHR Australia Managing Everyday Performance
This workshop will help participants build the capability and confidence to effectively manage performance in the workplace. The workshop uses a mix of leading industry research, practical application and skill building to support leaders in providing performance feedback and having conversations that build capability, performance and engagement within their teams.
Workshop participants will work with a facilitator and two actors, using our Workplace Reality Theatre, to bring the learning experience to life, allowing them to observe, analyse and in the Face to Face version, practice the delivery of formal and informal performance conversations across a number of workplace scenarios.
Face-to-face: Full day | Virtual Delivery: 5 Hours
- Leadership behaviours that foster a high-performance culture
- The components of effective performance management
- Evaluating performance and identifying issues
- Effective feedback techniques and managing challenging conversations
- Establishing possible causes of performance issues
- Appropriate resolution activities
- Legal considerations and procedural fairness
- Appreciate the responsibilities and influence of leaders in building cultures which drive accountability, build capability and inspire team members
- Explore best practice insights into the drivers of performance and engagement including expectation setting, monitoring and evaluation, regular feedback and coaching
- Identify opportunities for everyday performance conversations (including challenging performance conversations) that provide staff with feedback that is fair, accurate, engaging and consistent with the expectations of workplace law
- Explore techniques to maximise the impact of formal performance discussions and the importance of fairness, accuracy and maintaining consistency between all elements of the process
- Understand key considerations in managing poor performance and the principles associated with procedural fairness in performance management and the termination of employees
- Provide leaders with an opportunity to reflect on and shape their own capability and confidence in building high performance teams through skills practice
Upcoming Public Training Register now
How to book
Select the available training dates for online registration.
Early Bird Discounts apply for registrations completed 2 months prior to the public training program. Refer to the Terms & Conditions.
No upcoming trainings scheduled for this course. Please check back soon or give us a call to discuss some options.
Want to chat about our Face-to-Face or Virtual Training?