iHR Australia Developing Leaders
This one day workshop is aimed at managers and leaders with a minimum of three years’ managerial experience, wanting to drive better outcomes through their people. The program will focus on developing managers in strategic thinking, effectively driving workplace change, promoting collaboration and innovation, and ethical decision making. Participants will also gain useful tips and techniques on how to motivate their teams through reward and recognition, adapting leadership styles, delegation and how to be influential within their team.
The training will be brought to life by analysis and practice of engaging real-life scenarios with iHR Australia’s professional actors and an expert facilitator using our Workplace Reality Theatre.
Experienced managers, supervisors and team leaders
Face-to-face: Full Day | Standard Virtual Delivery: 1 x 3 Hour Session | Extended Virtual Delivery: 2 x 3 Hour Sessions
Topics addressed include:
- The differences between a manager and a leader;
- As a leader, how to align to a plan and cascade from it;
- Describe where your team are headed and what’s next;
- Leadership and people management;
- Strategy and the ‘bigger picture’;
- Ethical decision making;
- Explore different leadership styles, how to adapt your leadership style and when to apply them;
- The art of delegation;
- How to manage aspects of change within your team;
- How to build your team through collaboration and innovation;
- Motivating team – reward and recognition, and determining the right form of motivation for your team; and
- Influencing the team and stakeholders.
At the conclusion of this workshop your managers, team leaders, and supervisors should:
- Understand the requirement to be able to both lead and manage to be successful;
- Demonstrate the thinking required to set the right direction for your team;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the tools available for how to make ethical decisions;
- Distinguish between situations where different styles of leadership may be required;
- Understand how to select what to delegate, and the extent of that delegation;
- Understand an overview of how to lead and manage change efforts within the team;
- Understand the factors that promote collaboration and innovation in the workplace;
- Recognising the importance of finding the right reward and recognition design for your team; and
- Understanding how to influence your team
Want to chat about our Face-to-Face or Virtual Training?