Role of the Workplace Investigator
30 May 2017
The role of a Workplace Investigator / Workplace Investigation Ofiicer includes:
- Maintaing a high level of familiarity with the organisation’s policies & procedures;
- Applying principles of natural justice to ensure a fair process for all;
- Preparing for investigation interviews;
- Interviewing complainant(s), respondent(s) and any witnesses;
- Reviewing evidence and determining a finding:
- What behaviour took place?
- Is the behaviour against policy?
- What is the degree of severity of the behaviour/consequences?
- Other observations.
- Recommending appropriate activities to aid resolution;
- Communication and engagement with relevant parties throughout the investigation process, with respect to confidentiality requirements; and
- Keeping detailed records.