iHR Australia Custodians of Culture: Anti Discrimination and Bullying Training for Managers
Our workplace discrimination, Bullying and Harassment training for managers emphasises that managers and senior leaders are the custodians of an organisation’s workplace culture. In the first half of the day, the program reinforces that effective leadership is key to preventing bullying, harassment and discrimination in the workplace. Participants will have the opportunity to explore effective leadership and will learn about the leadership styles that heighten the risk of workplace issues and the potential for litigation.
In the second half of the day, program participants gain an understanding of how to approach and conduct conversations to address inappropriate workplace behaviour. Participants practice having the difficult conversations with an iHR Australia actor who assumes various personas that may be encountered in a workplace. An expert facilitator coaches and guides participants through the skill practice session. This approach provides participants with a realistic simulation in which to practice an essential workplace skill. Key concepts and practices are illustrated utilising iHR Australia’s unique Workplace Reality Theatre.
Managers, team leaders, supervisors
Face to Face: Full Day or Half Day (excludes skills practice component). Virtual: 3 Hours
Topics addressed include:
- The link between leadership behaviour and workplace culture;
- The common styles of high risk leadership behaviour;
- The effect of workplace culture as a factor for mitigating risk for an organisation in litigation claims
- What is unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment and workplace bullying;
- The role of managers in preventing discrimination, harassment and bullying in the work place, and role modelling the right behaviours;
- Responding appropriately to inappropriate behaviour;
- Responding to complaints about workplace discrimination, harassment and bullying; and
- The importance of utilising the company’s policies and procedures when handling all aspects of discrimination, harassment and bullying.
- Introduction of the coaching mindset and its importance in relation to addressing inappropriate behaviour;
- How to prepare for having a challenging discussion on inappropriate behaviour;
- Elements of a constructive and well-structured discussion on inappropriate behaviour;
- Practicing coaching tools and techniques for addressing inappropriate behavior;
- Specific, Impact and Agreement (SIA) technique for addressing inappropriate behaviour; and
- Legal considerations when addressing inappropriate behaviour.
- Understanding of the importance of workplace culture and leadership style in preventing issues of discrimination, harassment and bullying in the workplace;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and meaning of workplace discrimination, harassment and bullying;
- Demonstrate an understanding of how workplace culture and patterns of unreasonable behaviour can impact on the ability of individuals and organisations to defend themselves against allegations of unlawful behaviour;
- Understand the three elements of the managers role in preventing and handling issues of workplace discrimination, harassment and bullying; and
- Understand the impact (financial and cultural costs) that unmanaged issues can have on employer brand, continuity of operations, staff morale and retention and attraction of employees.
- Understand the importance of taking a coaching mindset into conversations that address inappropriate behaviour;
- Understand the importance of effective and empathetic communication in the prevention of discrimination/sexual harassment and bullying issues in the workplace;
- Ability to apply the Specific, Impact and Agreement (SIA) technique when addressing inappropriate behaviour; and
- Understand the legal implications of not dealing with inappropriate behaviour.
Upcoming Public Training Register now
How to book
Select the available training dates for online registration.
Early Bird Discounts apply for registrations completed 2 months prior to the public training program. Refer to the Terms & Conditions.
No upcoming trainings scheduled for this course. Please check back soon or give us a call to discuss some options.
Want to chat about our Face-to-Face or Virtual Training?