iHR Australia Workplace Sexual Harassment – Evolving Obligations for Team Members
Our workshop for team members focuses on understanding how people experience workplace sexual harassment and provides practical support and resolution strategies including self-management and bystander strategies and the organisation’s escalation and resolution processes.
Participants will work with our facilitator and two actors in our Workplace Reality Theatre to observe strategies for team members to prevent and appropriately respond to workplace sexual harassment.
General staff, team members and contractors
Face-to-face/Virtual: 2 hours
- The relationship between workplace culture and sexual harassment
- The definition of workplace sexual harassment and how sexual harassment is experienced in the workplace
- Manager and employee responsibilities
- Support and response strategies including self-management, bystander, informal and formal resolution strategies
- Understand the importance of workplace culture in preventing and responding to incidents of workplace sexual harassment and the role of all employees to building workplace culture
- Understand the application of workplace conduct policies and principles in formal and informal work-related environments, and the implications for all employees
- Discuss the different forms of workplace sexual harassment and build a common understanding of how some forms of conduct can negatively impact individuals and damage workplace culture
- Identify the responsibilities of all employees in preventing and responding appropriately to sexual harassment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different support and resolution options available (self-management, bystander, informal and formal resolution strategies) in handling sexual harassment complaints
- Understand the legal principles that inform managing complaints and investigations, and the rights and responsibilities of all employees and employers
- Describe the systems and support available to those impacted by sexual harassment in the workplace.
Want to chat about our Face-to-Face or Virtual Training?