Managing Everyday Performance
Designed for: Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors
Program length: Full day
This full-day workshop will help participants to build the competence and confidence to effectively manage staff performance within the workplace. Content includes identification of leadership behaviours that will foster a high performance culture as well as management approaches for under-performance.
Topics addressed include:
- Components of performance management;
- Setting meaningful expectations;
- Evaluating and identifying performance/issues;
- Effective feedback techniques;
- Establishing possible causes of any performance issues;
- Appropriate resolution activities; and
- Legal considerations and procedural fairness.
At the conclusion of this workshop your managers, team leaders, and supervisors should:
- What effective performance management is and why effective performance management is imperative in the modern workplace;
- The link between leadership behaviour and performance and how to create a high performance culture through effective application of expectation setting, empowerment, evaluation, rewards and effective feedback;
- Techniques to conduct effective everyday performance conversations and give feedback to staff that is fair, accurate and consistent with the expectations of workplace law;
- The importance of fairness and accuracy when managing performance and maintaining consistency between all elements of the performance management process;
- How to apply relevant processes in managing poor performance dependent on your organisational procedures, including the basic principles associated with procedural fairness in formal processes and termination of employees; and
- The requirements related to documenting and recording performance issues.
Available Public Training Programs:
[ESPRESSO_EVENTS_TABLE_TEMPLATE order_by=venue_title category_slug=managing-everyday-performance order_by=date(end_date) sort=ASC template_file=espresso-events-table-template-venue-date-v2.template.php]
No available Public Training Program. If you are interested in attending a Public Training Program on “Managing Everyday Performance”, please click on the link below to register your interest for future Public Training programs and to receive updates.
Alternatively, we offer this program on-site at your organisation. More information about our Managing Everyday Performance In-House Training.
In-House Program: This program can be delivered in your workplace, and use your organisation’s policies, procedures and values. The program can also be modified to suit your individual needs. More information about our Managing Everyday Performance In-House Training Program.
eLearning Program: See information about our Coaching on Performance interactive and animated eLearning program.