New and Emerging Managers
This one day workshop is aimed at the first time Manager to provide them with skills, insights and tools to be able to confidently take on their new role and responsibilities. The program will focus on expectations of them as a manager, how to set expectations, manage performance and provide feedback. Participants will also gain useful tips and techniques to make the transition from team member to Team Leader or Manager. The training will be brought to life by analysis and practice of engaging real-life scenarios with iHR Australia’s professional actors and an expert facilitator using our Workplace Reality Theatre.
Designed for: New managers, team leaders, supervisors
Program length: Full day
Participants: 16 participants per session
Topics addressed include:
- Expectations of an effective manager;
- Different workplace cultures, including types and behaviours;
- Exploring different leadership styles;
- Fundamentals of effective communication, in on-one-one and team situations;
- Overview of performance management;
- Setting expectations and evaluating performance;
- Development planning; and
- Fundamentals of effective team coaching.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants should:
- Understand the background and spirit of equal employment opportunity legislation and anti-bullying guidelines;
- Understand the impact (financial and cultural costs) that unmanaged issues can have on employer brand, continuity of operations, staff morale and retention and attraction of employees;
- Understand the importance of effective and empathetic communication in the prevention of discrimination/sexual harassment and bullying issues in the workplace; and
- Understand how to deal with issues face-to-face and through your organisation’s processes.
In-House Program: This program can be delivered in your workplace, and use your organisation’s policies, procedures and values. The program can also be modified to suit your individual needs. Enquire with the form below.