I’m a Leader, I’m a Coach
This program helps workplace leaders to recognise the important role they also can play as a coach. Effective modern leaders work to increase the performance of teams and individuals, and to retain high-calibre employees. ‘I’m a Leader, I’m a Coach’ will provide participants with the skills to be active coaches in their own workplaces. The training will be brought to life by analysis and practice of engaging real-life scenarios with iHR Australia’s professional actors and an expert facilitator.
Designed for: Any employee involved in the developing of other employees
Program length: Full day
Topics addressed include:
- Coaching and leadership;
- Workplace coaching;
- Leadership behaviours;
- The power game triangle;
- Leader-coach model;
- Formulating verbal feedback messages;
- Feedback principles;
- A process for partnering coaching;
- Matching solutions with underlying causes;
- Handling difficult situations; and
- The GROW model.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants should:
- Explain why coaching is an important part of the contemporary workplace leader’s role, and the different uses of coaching;
- Analyse their preferred coaching style and current coaching skills;
- Conduct a coaching needs analysis with their coach and develop a coaching plan; and
- Conduct a non-directive (partnering) coaching session that will enable better problem solving, build commitment and motivate staff to greater independence and accountability.
In-House Program: This program can be delivered in your workplace, and use your organisation’s policies, procedures and values. The program can also be modified to suit your individual needs. Enquire with the form below.
Virtual Workplace Training: This program can now be provided using iHR Australia’s virtual training room. This allows participants to actively interact in a collegiate, online training session with their peers and to interact with an expert facilitator in a live environment. For more information, please speak to a member of our team.