Workplace Investigation Officer Training
In this program, iHR Australia’s Senior Facilitator and expert Senior Investigator will guide participants through the key principles of conducting a lawful workplace investigation, focussing on unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying. Participants will also observe our unique Workplace Reality Theatre where an actor will re-enact relevant and engaging scenarios from real-life investigations for group discussions.
Designed for: Current or potential Workplace Investigation Officers
Program length: Full day
Topics addressed include:
- Key legislation and guidelines;
- Principals of natural justice;
- Balance of probabilities;
- Rules of evidence;
- Overview of investigations;
- Preparing for an investigation;
- Conducting interviews;
- Making a finding; and
- Writing investigation reports.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants should:
- Be able to articulate the key principles of running workplace investigations, in particular those related to natural justice;
- Be familiar with the rights of different parties involved in an investigation;
- Develop a strategy for conducting a legitimate investigation in the workplace;
- Assemble statements from a plaintiff and respondent as well as relevant witnesses;
- Conduct investigative interviews using a methodology appropriate to modern workplace values and natural justice; and
- Make legitimate decisions about next steps once allegations are found to have substance.
In-House Program: This program can be delivered in your workplace, and use your organisation’s policies, procedures and values. The program can also be modified to suit your individual needs. Enquire with the form below.
Public Program: See dates and locations for our Workplace Investigation Officer Public Training Program.
See all Workplace Investigations and Mediations Training Programs
Enquire Now about iHR Australia’s In-House Training Programs