Managing Everyday Performance
This full-day workshop will help participants to build the competence and confidence to effectively manage staff performance within the workplace. Content includes identification of leadership behaviours that will foster a high performance culture as well as management approaches for under-performance.
Program participants will work with an iHR Senior Facilitator and two actors in our Workplace Reality Theatre to observe, analyse and practice the delivery of effective performance feedback.
Designed for: Managers, team leaders and supervisors
Program length: Full day
Topics addressed include:
- Components of performance management;
Setting meaningful expectations;
- Evaluating and identifying performance/issues;
- Effective feedback techniques;
- Establishing possible causes of any performance issues;
- Appropriate resolution activities; and
- Legal considerations and procedural fairness.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants should:
- What effective performance management is and why effective performance management is imperative in the modern workplace;
- The link between leadership behaviour and performance and how to create a high performance culture through effective application of expectation setting, empowerment, evaluation, rewards and effective feedback;
- Techniques to conduct effective everyday performance conversations and give feedback to staff that is fair, accurate and consistent with the expectations of workplace law;
- The importance of fairness and accuracy when managing performance and maintaining consistency between all elements of the performance management process;
- How to apply relevant processes in managing poor performance dependent on your organisational procedures, including the basic principles associated with procedural fairness in formal processes and termination of employees; and
- The requirements related to documenting and recording performance issues.
In-House Program: This program can be delivered in your workplace, and use your organisation’s policies, procedures and values. The program can also be modified to suit your individual needs. Enquire with the form below.
eLearning Program: See information about our Coaching on Performance interactive and animated eLearning program.
See all Performance Management Training Programs
Enquire Now about iHR Australia’s In-House Training Programs