Contact Officer Training
In this program, participants will recognise the importance of the Contact Officer role and develop an understanding of the role responsibilities, particularly when dealing with allegations of bullying and discrimination. In this full-day program, iHR’s facilitator and professional actors will share skills, knowledge and behaviours to help participants to develop effective techniques for solving a variety of common issues they may face in the workplace.
Designed for: Designed for Current or potential contact officers
Program length: Full day
Topics addressed include:
- The law and expectations;
- Unlawful discrimination;
- Role of the contact officer;
- Record keeping;
- Challenges experienced by contact officers;
- Attributes of an effective contact officer;
- Conducting a one-on-one meeting; and
- Effective discussions.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants should:
- Understand the role of an equal employment opportunity/anti-bullying contact officer in their organisation;
- Understand the daily behaviour expected of a contact officer;
- Be able to deal with allegations of bullying, or workplace discrimination or harassment, in the context of organisational processes;
- Understand the federal and state legislation in relation to unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying and how it impacts on the company, employees and the role of the contact officer; and
- Understand their own potential strengths and areas for development as a contact officer.