- Resilient Leadership in the Post-COVID Environment
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Australian Eastern Daylight Time
The change and uncertainty arising from COVID and remote working have led to a fundamental shift in the psychological needs of people and teams. Leaders and organisations who stick with the comfortable approach of closely supervising employee activity are unlikely to maintain high engagement. In the post-COVID team, success, efficiency, customer satisfaction and the wellbeing of our people are critically dependent on leaders evolving from “eyeball” management (close supervision of tasks and performance) to an approach that emphasises EQ, understanding employee needs, and trusting employees by measuring them on goals and outcomes. Now more than ever, leaders also play a key role in helping their people build the resilience and confidence to cope with the changes posed by an uncertain job, business and industry environment. This course provides leaders with the skills and strategies for a resilient leadership style in the post-COVID environment.
Designed For: Leaders, Frontline Supervisors, Managers, Executives.
Length: 3 Hours
Delivery Method: Virtual
- Understanding how to meet employees’ psychological needs in the post-COVID environment
- How to adopt an outcome-oriented leadership style, and feel more comfortable trusting virtual teams to achieve goals without close supervision
- Helping employees reduce anxiety and feel more in control in an uncertain company, industry or social environment
- Early intervention strategies for addressing mental health risks posed by COVID / remote working
- Building the competencies needed for success in a remote working /virtual team environment
- Effective communication skills for virtual teams
- Building a positive team culture in the remote working / post-COVID environment
- Leading employees as they navigate the change of transitioning back to the workplace
- Managing performance and conduct in virtual teams
- The importance of leaders looking after their own self-care while building team resilience
- Helping people achieve better work/life balance in a remote working environment
Venue Website: https://zoom.us/Address:
*TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: Organisations and individual participants will be required to connect to the Zoom technical solution. Participants must ensure they have access to a compatible device, software and a stable internet connection, as iHR Australia will not unreasonably be held responsible, nor will it delay the commencement of its virtual training program if participants are not able to satisfactorily connect to the virtual training room platform.
Participants can download and use the Zoom application on a compatible device or open a session from their web browser, with Chrome being the preferred browser (but most browsers are accommodated). For more details on technical requirements of the Zoom platform, please visit Zoom specifications