- Managing Everyday Performance
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Managing Everyday Performance
Designed for: Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors
Program length: Full day
This full-day workshop will help participants to build the competence and confidence to effectively manage staff performance within the workplace. Content includes identification of leadership behaviours that will foster a high performance culture as well as management approaches for under-performance.
Topics addressed include:
- Components of performance management;
- Setting meaningful expectations;
- Evaluating and identifying performance/issues;
- Effective feedback techniques;
- Establishing possible causes of any performance issues;
- Appropriate resolution activities; and
- Legal considerations and procedural fairness.
At the conclusion of this workshop your managers, team leaders, and supervisors should:
- What effective performance management is and why effective performance management is imperative in the modern workplace;
- The link between leadership behaviour and performance and how to create a high performance culture through effective application of expectation setting, empowerment, evaluation, rewards and effective feedback;
- Techniques to conduct effective everyday performance conversations and give feedback to staff that is fair, accurate and consistent with the expectations of workplace law;
- The importance of fairness and accuracy when managing performance and maintaining consistency between all elements of the performance management process;
- How to apply relevant processes in managing poor performance dependent on your organisational procedures, including the basic principles associated with procedural fairness in formal processes and termination of employees; and
- The requirements related to documenting and recording performance issues.