|Standard Price||$495.00 (AUD)||Sold Out|
|Early Registration Price||$421.00 (AUD)||Sold Out|
- Custodians of Culture Part 1: Anti Discrimination and Bullying Training for Managers
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Our Equal Employment Opportunity, anti-bullying training for managers focuses on the responsibility as the custodians of your organisation’s workplace culture and the key elements of the manager’s role in preventing and effectively managing bullying, harassment and discrimination issues in the workplace.
In this half-day workshop, an experienced iHR facilitator and two professional actors will bring to life real workplace situations using our unique Workplace Reality Theatre.
Participants will have the opportunity to explore and apply effective leadership techniques and will learn about three leadership styles that heighten the risk of workplace issues and potential litigation.
Anti Discrimination training course content
Topics addressed include:
- The role of management in preventing and dealing with allegations of discrimination, harassment and bullying in the workplace
- The intent of EEO legislation and anti-bullying guidelines
- The importance of management and team culture and leadership style
- What is unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment
- What constitutes bullying/harassment and what is appropriate performance management
- Responding to issues observed
- Handling complaints correctly
At the conclusion of this workshop your managers, team leaders, and supervisors should:
- Understand the background and spirit of Equal Employment Opportunity legislation and Anti Bullying guidelines
- Understand the impact (financial and cultural costs) that unmanaged issues can have on employer brand, continuity of operations, staff morale and retention and attraction of employees
- Understand the importance of effective and empathetic communication in the prevention of discrimination/sexual harassment and bullying issues in the workplace
- Understand how to deal with issues face-to-face and through your organisation’s processes