- Contact Officer Essentials
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Australian Eastern Daylight Time
iHR Australia’s expert facilitators can now deliver their renowned Contact Officer Training program in real-time via a virtual training room, including the ability for participants to both engage and interact with the facilitator and each other. Our Virtual Workplace Training solution gives organisations the opportunity to provide consistent, interactive workplace training for all their employees regardless of their physical location.
Once registered for this Virtual Workplace Training, participants will be emailed instructions to access iHR Australia’s Virtual Training Room via the online platform Zoom*.
The Contact Officer Essentials program provides insights and assistance to those who are charged with the responsibilities of a Contact Officer within their organisation and to equip them with the knowledge necessary to administer the function responsibly and successfully. This program covers the necessary skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to help participants develop effective techniques for assisting staff to resolve a variety of common issues that they may face in the workplace.
- Function and jurisdiction of the Contact Officer
- An overview of what constitutes discrimination, bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Role modelling non-discriminatory behaviours
- Objectively handling issues
- Informing employees (including contractors) of their rights when an issue arises and their options to resolve the issue
- Dealing with emotional issues
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of an equal employment opportunity / anti- bullying Contact Officer within their organisation
- Act as a credible role model and promote the Contact Officer role
- Develop a process for dealing with allegations of bulling, discrimination and harassment in the workplace
- Understand the relevant legislation relating to unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying and how it impacts on individuals, teams and the organisation
Venue Website: https://zoom.us/Address:
*TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: Organisations and individual participants will be required to connect to the Zoom technical solution. Participants must ensure they have access to a compatible device, software and a stable internet connection, as iHR Australia will not unreasonably be held responsible, nor will it delay the commencement of its virtual training program if participants are not able to satisfactorily connect to the virtual training room platform.
Participants can download and use the Zoom application on a compatible device or open a session from their web browser, with Chrome being the preferred browser (but most browsers are accommodated). For more details on technical requirements of the Zoom platform, please visit Zoom specifications