What is a HR Health Check?
Our HR Health Check helps organisations assess the health and maturity of your HR and identify any gaps in your current HR system.
The health assessment focuses on:
- Key HR Policies and Procedures, Agreements and Contracts
- Award compliance and clarification
At the completion of the Health Check you’ll receive an easy to understand, two page health summary of your organisation’s HR health.
If some significant and potentially costly gaps are identified in your HR systems, you can progress to receive an HR Audit.
An Audit may cover the following:
- Legislative Compliance (Industrial Relations, EEO)
- Benefits and Compensation
- Training and Staff Development
- Employee Engagement
- Performance Management
How is an HR Audit conducted?
A iHR Australia HR Audit typically includes:
- Define the scope of the Audit
- iHR Australia’s Audit Survey is modified to ensure the scope is met
- “Long Form Survey” is completed face to face or over the phone with primary stakeholder(s)
- A selection of “Manager Surveys” are completed face to face or over the phone
- A quantity of “Employee Surveys” are completed face to face or over the phone
- Results analysed
- Report written
- Report delivered
HR Health Check Outcomes
Typically, an HR Health Check is used to develop action plans or business plans based on the recommendations contained in the report. The main benefit of the HR Health Check is that it takes the HR to the next level – aligning it with the business goals, strategy and results.
What are the benefits of an HR Health Check?
The benefits your organisation might gain from an HR Health Check are many. The most important of them are: benefits on a strategic, operational and administrative level. Some benefits may include:
- Identifying procedural or compliance issues and control risk
- Define priorities for future activities
- Build business plans and strategy
- Obtain information to build a business case to better resource the HR function
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Gain a deeper understanding of the benefits of a mature HR function