Employer Advisory Service
Dealing with day to day workplace relations and Human Resource (HR) matters can be time-consuming and fraught with complexity and risk. This is why it is vital to have expertise on hand. However, employing a dedicated HR specialist with a high level of experience and up-to-date knowledge to manage HR issues can be costly.
iHR Australia’s Employer Advisory Service is designed to support small and medium-sized enterprises dealing with HR matters at all levels. Our expert consultants provide up-to-date advice in-line with legislation, focused on reducing risk and saving your organisation the cost of recruiting and employing a dedicated HR person.
We provide practical advice whenever it is needed for HR issues, from everyday performance management matters through to high risk sexual harassment or bullying complaints.
*Please note: iHR Australia provides advice and support to organisations and employers only, individuals and employees seeking advice should contact the Fair Work Commission by calling Phone 1300 671 340 or via fwc.gov.au
What areas can our Employer Advisory cover?
We can provide advice on a day-to-day basis to organisations dealing with Workplace Relations or HR matters at all levels.
This service is ideal for organisations where HR and/or management teams are under pressure to support people managers and those dealing with everyday HR issues.
Our team can provide up to date, practical advice on issues including but not limited to:
- Conducting performance management and performance counselling sessions
- Taking disciplinary action, including delivering formal and informal warnings
- Terminating employees
- Dealing with and preventing unfair dismissal claims
- Resolving conflicts and issues between employees, including claims of bullying, harassment, discrimination and sexual harassment
- Dealing with and preventing adverse action claims
- Ensuring wage rates and salaries meet legislative requirements
- Understanding and applying employment contracts
- Interpreting and applying award provisions
- Understanding and applying your organisation’s HR policies and procedures
- Applying leave provisions (sick, parental, carers, bereavement, annual)
- Making employees redundant
- Dealing with Fair Work Commission issues
- Managing employees on Workers’ Compensation
- General queries about employment legislation and employers’ obligations
This service can be engaged through an annual subscription, monthly retainer or a fee for service basis (i.e. “pay for what you use”/as-needs basis).
Typically, the process of this service is as follows:
Enquiry received by iHR Australia via telephone or email.
Enquiry assigned to consultant
The enquiry is logged and assigned to an iHR Australia Consultant.
An iHR Australia Consultant reviews the enquiry and any relevant legislation, award, policy or procedure.
Verbal advice provided
iHR Australia’s Consultant responds by providing verbal advice over the phone.
Written advice provided
iHR Australia’s Consultant confirms verbal advice in writing via email.