Hints to effective communication of HR policy
1. Make sure the written version of the policy can be understood by the total population of the workforce
2. Have a sign-off process that provides reasonable time for employees to read the document
3. Ensure managers a properly trained to understand and use the policies
4. Ensure staff are briefed on the content of the policy
5. Ensure the policy is accessible to all members of your workforce
6. Ensure employees, their representatives and other stakeholders are consulted on the content of policies at the time of development and updates
7. Ensure that managers and staff are trained properly in relation to 'behaviour' related policies (i.e Anti-bullying/Discrimination);
8. Ensure there is an ongoing program of communication on HR policies.
This list of hints was originally published in an article 'The importance of communicating HR policies and procedures'.